While reading this tale; I discovered that the people who decided they were in charge of what is deemed fit for the Bible, need to resign from their positions of power. Who put them in charge of the worlds Spiritual walk and Understanding of the Most High and His Son? Most believe this book was written in pre-Christ era; while others believe it was written many years after Our Savior, however Enoch was Written in Aramaic and found in or around Israel and/or Jordan: yet it’s use is still discouraged even though there are several references between the Bible and this book including direct quotes. One reason it is not shined upon is a text in Enoch 71; 14 & 17 where the Most High calls Enoch the Son of Man….. Must I remind them of Ezekiel 37 where the Most High says Son of Man prophecy (speaking to Ezekiel) unto these bones that they may Live……. Enoch seems to add substance some of the scriptures that had us just a little bit stomped; other than the two scriptures the refer to Enoch as the Son of Man, I can’t find anything contradicting the Bible or Torah teachings. It also gives us a detailed account of why, when and what took place when the angels fell….. So lets get into where these two books meet: Let us begin with the giants.
- Enoch 6:1-6 And it came to pass that when the children of men had multiplied in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters 2 and the angels, the children of heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said one to another: “Come let us choose wives from among the children of men and get us children” 3 And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them : I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.’ 4 And they all answered him and said: Let us all swear an oath, and bind ourselves…….. 5 Then swear they all together and bound themselves……. 6 And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared…..
- Genesis 6:1-4 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
- Enoch 1:9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousand of His holy ones to execute judgment upon all, And to destroy the ungodly: And to convict all flesh Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed, And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.
- Jude1:14-16 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage. Zechariah 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. Revelation 19: 11-14 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean . (HalleluYah)
- Enoch 13:3 Then I went and spoke to them all together, and they were all afraid, and fear and trembling seized them.
- James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
- Enoch 5:13 Wherefore have ye left the high, holy and eternal heaven, and lain with women, and defiled yourselves with the daughters of men and taken yourselves wives, and done like the children of earth, and begotten giants as your sons.
- Jude 1:6 & 13 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
- Enoch 18:2 And I saw the cornerstone of the earth; and I saw the four winds which bear the which bear the earth and the firmament of the heaven
- Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. Zechariah 6 : 1-5 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord?5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
I can go on and on with these many similarities, but I am sure you got my drift so I hope that you find this read as interesting as I have.
Book of Enoch 2nd Edition Ronald K. Brown
Holy Bible KJV